Online Course Quizzes
Quizzes are one of the best ways to engage your students and ensure that they are retaining knowledge and key concepts throughout your course.
WP Courseware includes more powerful quiz functionality than any other WordPress learning management system plugin on the market!
Currently, WP Courseware offers two types of quizzes...
- Blocking quizzes require that a student meet or exceed the minimum grade requirement before the student can move on to the next course unit.
- Non-blocking quizzes allow a student to progress to the next course unit regardless of their quiz score.
Both quiz types can be configured to allow either finite or unlimited retakes.
WP Courseware quizzes currently offer five question types:
- True or False
- Multiple choice with the option for multiple answer
- Open-ended text entry with configurable text field length (for essay style or fill-in-the-blank questions)
- File or assignment upload with an option to set the acceptable file types (ie. .pdf, .docx, etc.)
- Display randomized questions from the question bank
True-false and multiple-choice questions are automatically graded, while open-ended and assignment uploads obviously require an instructor to manually assign a score.
When quiz questions are created, they are automatically added to a question bank so that they can be assigned to multiple quizzes or edited globally.
Your questions can also be tagged for added functionality, such as being able to display a specific number of questions randomly from a tag or delivering customized feedback messages by question tag.
Quizzes can also be configured with the following options:
- Paginated quizzes - one question per page
- Timed quizzes - specify a time limit for each quiz
- Answer display options - several options to allow you to configure what the student sees after a quiz has been submitted
- Downloadable PDF quiz results
- Show quiz results by question tag
- Display custom feedback by quiz score and question tag
- Email notifications for quizzes
WP Courseware also offers surveys which are similar to quizzes, but without the need for grading. Surveys offer administrators the ability to download the survey results or export them in a CSV file.